MSD is working to help the world be well. Through our medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies, consumer care and animal health products, we work in more than 140 countries to deliver innovative health solutions to patients and animals. We also demonstrate our commitment to increasing access to health care through far-reaching programs that donate and deliver our products to the people who need them.
At MSD we are committed to make a difference in the lives of people worldwide. In the U.S. and Canada, our company is known as Merck.
MSD in Sweden has approximately 250 employees and the office is located in Sollentuna. We market medicines and conduct clinical trials in the following therapeutic areas: cardiology, immunology, diabetes, infectious diseases, asthma / allergies, women's health, oncology, dermatology and central nervous system diseases.
Within our Global Procurement Team we are looking for a permanent position as Procurement Specialist. A graduated person with 5-7 years of working experience within Strategic Procurement preferably for services and/or indirect materials.
The primary activities include but are not limited to:
- Define, implement and manage a sourcing approach for the assigned spend categories for MSD Sweden in particular (also help out in Norway) in alignment with global & regional strategies
- Achieve and measure cost control, reduction and containment targets
- Develop and maintain a network with the supply markets, i.e. suppliers, advisors, etc.
- Continuously monitor and challenge, both the internal demand as well as the external supply market, and align sourcing and contracting approaches within this changing context, in order to maximize the benefits for MSD
- Develop and build out a strategic approach and positioning of local procurement as partner to the business for the categories under responsibility
- Engage customers and stakeholders in obtaining best value for money (Supplier Relationship management)
- Responsible and accountable for the implementation of global or regional initiatives
- Ensure compliance with MSD local and global Purchasing Policies & standards
Qualifications & Skills required for the role:
Competencies required for the role:
- 5 - 7 years working experience with an university degree
- Experience working in an international and cross-functional environment
- Experience in Marketing categories (media, agencies, travel,…)
- Business, financial and legal acumen
- Strong negotiation & influencing skills
- Good presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Process oriented
- Excellent social and communicative skills, both written & verbal, in Swedish and/or Norwegian plus English
- Project Management skills
- Knowledge of SAP, MS Office (Excel, Power point)
- Partnership, collaboration and teamwork skills
- Pro-active customer and service focused attitude
- Ability to develop innovative & creative solutions
- Ability to operate independently and to work in cross-functional teams
Job: Procurement Generic
- Accountable and responsible
- Result oriented, dynamic, self-demanding, pro-active
- Flexible, self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure
- Reliable, assertive and enthusiastic
- Eager to learn
- Team-player with strong communication skills
Job Title : Procurement Specialist
Primary Location: EMEA-Sweden
Employee Status: Regular
Merck makes medicines for a number of maladies, from stuffy noses and asthma to hypertension and arthritis. The...