Job Category: Software Engineering: Development
Location: Stockholm, SE
Job ID: 813107-94608
Skype is for doing things together, whenever you’re apart. Skype’s text, voice and video make it simple to share experiences with the people that matter to you, wherever they are. Hundreds of millions of individuals and businesses actively use Skype making over 700 millions minutes of video/voice calls per day, sending instant messages and sharing files. Are you passionate about changing the world? We’re looking for brilliant minds to join the Skype revolution.
Skype for Windows Phone will be the 'next big mobile' app to be used by millions of users around the world. It is a strategic platform for Skype and an important revenue generator.
Skype is committed to introducing new functionality and product features on the Windows Phone platform and lead groundbreaking developments to rock the industry.
The Windows Phone UI Developer develops elegant, robust software that delight and excite our customers.
Working as part of a small but highly skilled team of peers delivering several major releases on the platform yearly, the developer will innovate new features, optimize existing ones and drive improvements in the overall performance of the application.
- Developing new features in tight cooperation with designers, product management and quality engineers, iterating daily and contributing to maintaining a healthy build
- Demonstrating creativity in finding optimal ways to implement features
- Demonstrating critical thinking and paying attention to corner cases
- Maintaining daily estimates of remaining effort on active work as conventional in a Scrum team
- Making sure that software components are consistent and work well with each other
- Actively communicating with fellow developers in order to synchronize work and making sure that developers understand each other's work
- Taking responsibility and ownership of the team's work
- Investigating incoming bug reports
- Comprehensively testing one's own code for bugs, demonstrating meticulous attention to detail
- Developing robust fixes to bugs and implementing improvements
- Pro-actively searching for potential optimization possibilities
- Learning new technologies
- Continuously keeping an eye on the latest cutting edge technologies and leveraging these in one's own work as necessary
Skills and Experience:
Expected functional / technical skills
- Experience in developing applications for embedded/mobile devices
- Experience in multihtreaded programming, asynchronous and event driven application design
- Experience of Agile and iterative development processes, e.g. Scrum
Problem Solving Skills/Analytics:
- Windows Phone 7 UI developement using C# and Silverlight
- Development experience using the .NET framework
- Development experience using C / C++
- Experience with other platforms and programming languages (iOS/Objective-C, Symbian/C++, Java)
- Excellent working English skills, both written and spoken
Providing meaningful input in discussions and analysis on new features: analytical skills, technical judgement and the ability to use data get a coherent point across
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
- Track record working within / contributing to high performing teams.
- An ability to understand technical requirements and articulate them in plain English, as well as ability to understand commercial requests and translate them into technical requirements.
- Cultural sensitivity and a proven ability to work with teams and partners across multiple geographies.
Microsoft Corporation India Private Limited is a subsidiary of US software giant Microsoft Corporation headquartered in New Delhi. The...