Everything we do at Volvo Car Corporation starts with people. We design, engineer and build Scandinavian luxury cars that understand people – cars with an exceptional personality in both design and engineering. The challenges ahead are huge. In strong competition, our vision is to be the world's most progressive and desired luxury car brand. We shall double our sales. And we aim to be a leader in developing innovative human-centric technology. To make this happen, we need more talented people on-board. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to work across the borders in a global organisation that values individual differences and gives you unique career opportunities. We believe in the power of people and will support you to reach your full potential. Sound like you? Join us in creating the next generation smart and sustainable luxury cars.
Product Buyer- Steering
(Temporary position, 1 year)
At PURCHASING, you are part of a global team with the mission to develop and maintain a world-class supplier base. Ensuring the supply of materials and services – at the right cost, quality and technology – is essential for the success of Volvo Car Corporation. Ultimately, it's all about cooperating with people inside and outside the company to create a superior experience for the people who buy and drive a Volvo.
As PRODUCT BUYER – STEERING within the group Steering you will be a part of the purchasing department Chassis. The department is responsible for purchase of direct material to Volvo Car Corporation (VCC) and is divided into three groups: Wheelsuspension Centers, Wheels & Tires and Brakes &Steering and wheelsuspension. Our main tasks are to purchase prototypes and production material for programs and running production. We are also responsible for sourcing and quality assurance of suppliers. We are now in an interesting development era due to the next generation of new technical solutions and products in our area.
In your role as Product Buyer you will work in cross-functional teams and close with the Commodity Buyers. Together you will be responsible for carrying out negotiations at an optimal cost level, make agreements and contracts and conduct supplier selection and evaluations. Your mindset should be visionary and with an aim of finding solutions.
- You will be the responsible contact for all commercial issues towards the supplier
- You will handle sourcing activities like: issue Purchase Order, issue RFQ
- You will make agreements and contracts
- You will be working close with R&D for updates in the new technologies.
- You will handle all administration related to your area such as: transactions, updating pricing files and reporting.
This vacancy is a temporary position for one year, based in Göteborg.
- You have very good analytical ability and is strong in documentation
- You are organised and structured in following up the work
- You have excellent communication skills
- You have good knowledge of the English language (spoken and written)
- You have former experience from Purchasing of technical products.
- Meritorious is experience from the Automotive Industry.
In this recruitment process we are collaborating with Randstad Professionals. If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact the responsible recruitment consultant Monica Willeborg at +46 (0)733 478073 or by e-mail email@example.com.
Interviews will be held continuously. To apply, please register your profile and attach your application documents via the link below as soon as possible but no later then December 21st, 2012.
CareerBuilder SE - 22 månader sedan