Job Category: Sales
Location: Kista, SE
Job ID: 818636-98576
Microsoft is a global leader in providing innovative software licensing solutions to enterprises of all sizes. Microsoft Volume Licensing offers customized programs that are designed to meet the needs of our enterprise customers. At the top end of customers will be our most valuable and strategic large enterprises and public institutions requiring custom licensing solutions. As a Licensing Executive you will be responsible for creating volume licensing solutions for our largest commercial or public sector customers in Western Europe, some of them truly global players. Most of these customers will have unique licensing needs that you will address in the context of Microsoft’s volume licensing programs, and, in collaboration with the account teams, present to customers.
The responsibility that comes with this role requires a senior and experienced profile with background in large enterprise sales and ideally in volume licensing of commercial software. The role owner is expected to negotiate at GM and CxO level, both internally and externally.
This role is part of the “Business Desk” and reports into our Worldwide Licensing and Pricing (WWLP) organization, specifically to the Director, Business Desk, Western Europe. WWLP is a corporate group at Microsoft.
- Balance between revenue facilitation and control function
- Architect of all custom agreements and lead negotiator for complex deals
- Broad legal and financial authority, with extensive understanding of concession risks and cost of sales implications
- Accountable for making tough trade off decisions regarding licensing concessions that have a material short and long term impact to Microsoft and our customers
- Support Microsoft licensing R&D through field and customer structured feed-back and by implementing pilot licensing programs proposed by WWLP
- Advisor to local Sales Management with regards to complex licensing solutions, custom concessions, field and Business Desk empowerment, discounting practices and overall management of large deal portfolio
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- This position is responsible for providing complex analytical and contract negotiation support to the field sales organization for Western Europe
- Participates in the negotiation of final terms and conditions necessary to close custom deals and other key volume licensing agreements
- Support WWLP in general by working on process improvement projects or new and creative licensing solutions
- Transfer knowledge to the Licensing Sales Specialist community in the Western Europe
- Participate in research and development efforts within the WWLP team on a case by case basis
- Provide ongoing feedback to Program Development in an effort to create a programmatic offering to the marketplace
- Participate or lead Business Desk projects for the purpose of efficiently developing and communicating specific licensing solutions or organizational process improvements
We offer an annual gross salary starting from € 90.000 with a view to increase based on the qualification and experience of the candidate
- Minimum of 5 years of direct Sales and / or marketing experience with commercial Enterprise / Global / Public Sector customers. Preference will be given to people with Microsoft, Sales, Customer Support, Legal or Finance experience.
- Good knowledge of local marketplace, competition, and specific challenges of major industry sectors driving negotiation behavior
- Must be able to support negotiation of multi million Euro deals at CxO level
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills required.
- Ability to work in changing virtual teams is key as you will be required to collaborate across Microsoft’s field sales, licensing, specialist, legal, finance, processing, and product teams.
- Fluent spoken and written English language is a key requirement for this job, as the majority of all communications and the preparations of the contracts, as well as ongoing training and knowledge sharing and WWLP internal communication are in English language. In addition, you will be required to back up other Licensing Executives covering other countries in Western Europe or other EMEA.
Please note that we will only accept applications (CV & Cover letter as one document) submitted via our career sitel www.microsoft.at/jobs Apply online by clicking "Apply to Job" and then "Create Resume/Cv". Please send your application ASAP.
For further queries in relation to this role please contact Hiring Manager Inge Ginee, tel. +32 474 99 71 31 (email@example.com) or Staffing Consultant, Thomasine Rosenblad, + 46 8 752 56 16 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. We would like to welcome you in a dynamic work environment, which is characterized by its internationality and flexibility. Microsoft offers attractive salary packages and bonus programs and a newly remodeled office, which combines innovative technics with design.
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...