We are Bombardier
Get on board, we can drive you further in your career
Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions. We design, build and service some of the most intelligent and beautiful rail solutions in the world, our products are safe, healthy for people and help preserve the world's natural environment. For further information on Bombardier please visit our website.
We are looking for a Acoustic Engineer for our Västerås facility
This position will be an Acoustic Engineer within Vehicle Performance Engineering functional organization supporting Mainline & Metros projects on questions related to Acoustics and Vibration. The Acoustic Engineer will:
- Support the vehicle and sub-system design regarding noise and vibration. Based on the overall legal and customer requirements for noise and vibration on vehicle level, the main task is to specify and follow up the requirements on subsystems and components. This work is carried out in close cooperation with other engineering functions as well as sub-suppliers.
- Lead and manage technical work packages in vehicle design and development projects.
- Perform risk identification and risk mitigation work in bids in cooperation with product management andbidengineeringteams.
- Investigate in-service problems, develop and recommend solutions.
- Participate in the development of new tools and technologies in the field of rail vehicle acoustics.
- Ensure that Bombardier Transportation has state-of the art knowledge within the field of acoustics and that this knowledge is disseminated within the company.
- Determination of best practice and lessons learnt of earlier projects. Making sure that this knowledge is accessible to product development teams.
- Organize and carry out measurement campaigns for airborne and structure-borne sound.
Your Experience and Qualifications
Why Work for Us?
- Candidates should have an engineering degree on masters level, M.Sc. preferably specialized in acoustics. A higher degree (Tech Lic, PhD) is meriting.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in the field of noise and vibration engineering or related fields, preferably in relation to vehicle design or equivalent.
- Specialist knowledge and experience in acoustics and vibration including acoustic simulations and experimental techniques is desirable, as well knowledge about relevant norms and standards.
- Experience in simulation with acoustic software based on SEA, FEM/BEM, CAA, ray tracing is a merit.
- Ability of leading team work and working with people on multi-site and multi-discipline activities is needed
- Ability to analyze national and International standards and interpret these into required technical solutions for rolling stock
- General knowledge of railway engineering is desirable but not required.
- The candidate needs to prove very good communication skills and the ability to influence and convince others.
- Fluency in English, verbally and writing. Swedish/German/French is a merit.
- Readiness to travel globally, mainly within Europe to visit customers, suppliers and to work on short to medium term assignments at other company sites.
Everywhere we operate, we reward effort and initiative.
You are encouraged to ask questions and empowered to make decisions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a stimulating and open workplace which fosters teamwork, fairness, respect and diversity.
We are helping create a better world
ECO4 - the formula for energy-saving performance.
By making a difference today, we are helping create a better world for future generations. Having pioneered the philosophy of "The Climate is Right for Trains", we demonstrate this rationale by offering vehicles with practically zero emissions that are almost fully recyclable.
Job: Mechanical Engineering
Primary Location: SE-U-Västerås
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 07.12.2012, 6:50:25 AM
Bombardier - 22 månader sedan